mercoledì 29 febbraio 2012

THE COLOUR OF SPRING (TALK TALK) - 1986



Terzo album dei Talk Talk, “The colour of spring” ha visto la pubblicazione nel 1986 ed è stato l’album più venduto della band britannica capitanata da Mark Hollis.
Pur non essendo un gruppo prog nel vero senso del termine, ho sempre ammirato i Talk Talk, postando in questo blog i loro album “It’s my life”, “Spirits of Eden” e “Laughing stock”. Questi ultimi due, in particolare, sono considerati importanti dai critici, i quali hanno sfornato, al riguardo una nuova definizione di genere musicale: post-rock.
Non so nemmeno io per quale motivo i Talk Talk mi abbiano colpito allora – e ancora oggi amo ascoltarli. Forse perché hanno segnato un momento importante della mia vita: il passaggio dalla giovinezza alla maturità (anche se, a volte, mi domando cosa si intenda per ‘maturità’ …)
Ad ogni modo, questo “The colour of spring” non è niente male e si ascolta piacevolmente.
Voto personale: Distinto.

Released in 1986, “The colour of spring” is Talk Talk's third album and was became the band's highest selling studio album.
Far from being a proper prog rock band, Talk Talk have always appealed to me; in fact, I posted their “It’s my life”, “Spirits of Eden” and “Laughing stock” albums in this blog. Among other things, the latter two albums are considered quite important by music reviewers, who have ‘coined’ a new term for the genre epitomized by both albums: ‘post-rock’.
I cannot understand the reason why I was so fond of Talk Talk – and I love listening to their records still today. Maybe because they marked an important time of my life, when I definitely said goodbye to my youth and turned into a ‘mature’ young man (even though I sometimes ask myself what ‘maturity’ stands for …)
Anyway, “The colour of spring” is a nice listen.
My personal mark: Fairly good.



TALK TALK (1986):

Mark Hollis: voce, tastiere, chitarra (vocals, keyboards, guitar)
Tim Friese-Greene: tastiere, armonium, chitarra (keyboards, harmonium, guitar)
Lee Harris: batteria (drums)
Paul Webb: basso (bass guitar)


TRACK LIST:

1. Happiness is easy
2. I don't believe in you
3. Life's what you make it
4. April 5th
5. Living in another world
6. Give it up
7. Chamaleon day
8. Time it's time



THE COLOUR OF SPRING (TALK TALK) - 65,0 MB

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Vv2U58E/THE COLOUR OF SPRING (Talk Talk).rar

Nessun commento: