domenica 12 agosto 2007

10 CC (10 CC)


Il 19 e 24 aprile ho postato, rispettivamente, gli album “The original soundtrack” e “How dare you!” dei 10 CC. I 10 CC sono un gruppo rock britannico che raggiunse la massima fama negli anni Settanta. A mio parere, “The original soundtrack” è uno dei migliori album di rock mai pubblicati - un album perfetto in ogni senso, come ho avuto modo di sottolineare nel commento al post.
L’album che posto oggi si intitola semplicemente “10 CC”. Decisamente diverso dai due dischi summenzionati postati in precedenza, “10 CC” è l’omonimo album d’esordio di questa ottima band di polistrumentisti e cantanti. Rock puro, talvolta inspirato al rock americano anni Cinquanta, con tanto di cori in falsetto. Fra i brani migliori (a mio giudizio), il brano di apertura “Rubber bullets”, “Donna” e “Fresh air for my mama”.
Voto personale (scarso / insufficiente / sufficiente / buono / distinto / ottimo / eccellente): Distinto.

On April 19th and 24th I posted 10 CC’s albums “The original soundtrack” and “How dare you!”. 10 CC are a British rock music group who achieved their greatest commercial success during the 1970s. In particular, I rank “The original soundtrack” among the best rock albums ever - a perfect album in any sense, as I commented on my post dated April 19th.
Today I’m posting “10 CC”, the debut album which bears the same name of this outstanding band, each member of which plays various instruments and is a talented vocalist as well. This is “sound” rock, sometimes inspired by the 1950s American rock, rich in falsetto singing. My favourite tracks include the opener “Rubber bullets”, “Donna” and “Fresh air for my mama”.
My personal mark (very poor / poor / pass / good / fairly good / very good / excellent): Fairly good.

10 CC (1973):

Erik Stewart
Lawrence "Lol" creme
Kevin Godley
Graham Gouldman
TUTTI POLISTRUMENTISTI E DOTATI DI OTTIME DOTI VOCALI (ALL THE 10CC MEMBERS PLAY SEVERAL INSTRUMENTS AND FEATURE GREAT VOCAL ENDOWMENTS)

TRACK LIST:

1. Rubber bullets
2. Donna
3. Johnny, don't do it
4. Sand in my face
5. Speed kills
6. The dean and I
7. Ships don't disappear (do they?)
8. The hospital song
9. Fresh air for my mama
10. Headline hustler

10 CC (10 CC) - 32,7 MB

Nessun commento: